Tuesday 15 June 2010

Amalfi in pictures














The town square sits just in from the coast. The one building between the two is the white building (in the picture above) which is my hotel.







When stand on the veranda and look to the left I see the square and Duomo...











... and when I look to the right I see the ocean.





And when I walk to the end of the pier and look back, I have the whole town of Amalfi spread out at my feet.






































I think one of the Windstar ships was in harbour as it was definately a sailing cruise ship


















Amalfi's Duomo









































The funny little buses that navigate the tiny Amalfi roads









Looking up the one "main" road in Amalfi meaning it's the one and only road vehicles can use as the other alleys are pedestrian only
















I left the road and started walking through the corridors and alleys that give people access to their homes



















I started to climb stairs - loads and loads of them - to get to higher ground







































While in the network of corridors way above the city, I started to walk toward the next town a kilometre down the road


























I came to Atrani without using the road below which gave me a great view down on it



























On my way back I found this old building perched on a bluff









A farmer's crop is looming over the wall. Lemons and limes are what they are known for here



















Loads of lizards everywhere!







































The beach which graces the front of Amalfi






















No comments: